We are pleased to announce the release of version 3.0 of Endpoint Cloud, which includes a number of new features and improvements to the Cloud, Protection Agent, Discovery Agent, Vault and Connector. The most notable feature made available in this release is support for Workgroup or Stand Alone user devices in addition to Active Directory users.
We are confident that these new features and improvements will enhance your experience with our backup and migration software. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
- Support for Workgroup (standalone) user devices: Endpoint Cloud now supports Workgroup/Standalone user devices, in addition to Active Directory users. This allows for greater flexibility and Protection of User devices that are not joined to Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- User invitation system: Administrators can now invite Users to onboard their devices themselves, making it easier for Administrators who rollout to devices that are not accessible through automated deployment solutions.
- Ability to migrate between different profiles and profile types: Endpoint Cloud now allows for the migration of profiles between different types, such as from Active Directory to Workgroup profiles.
- Automated firewall rule management for Full Remote Migrations: The Protection Agent can now detect and amend existing firewall rules automatically, making the migration process smoother and more efficient.
- Full Remote Migration compression of all files: Compresses both large and small files during migration, reducing the amount of data transferred and the time required to transfer larger files. Smaller files are batched and compressed.
- Full Remote Migration revised default exclusions: Migrations now have revised default exclusions to exclude known unwanted or inaccessible Files/Folders, such as the exclusion of SWSetup folders, to help ensure that migrations are successful.
- Full Remote Migration of Browser Favorites are now migrated between devices for major browsers: Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
- Google Drive detection for streaming and mirror locations: The Protection Agent now detects Google Drive’s streamed files (non-local files) and excludes them from backups and migrations to prevent files from being downloaded and/or reported as failed.
- Support for Dropbox online-only files detection (non-local files): The Protection Agent now detects Dropbox online-only files (non-local files) and excludes them from backups and migrations to prevent files from being downloaded and/or reported as failed.
- Protection Agent firewall improvements: The Protection Agent now includes automated firewall settings on installation, the users will no longer receive prompts to allow firewall permissions.
- Support for Partner product branding: Allowing partners to customize the branding of the software to their own specifications.
- View Vault the versions: Admins may view what version of the Vault is currently installed from the Endpoint Cloud Management console.